· Apply online http://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-canadian-students/entrance-award/
· These awards are based on financial need and support academically qualified students who show an interest in joining and contributing to the UBC community, but who would not be able to attend without significant financial assistance.
· This program offers entering students one-time awards and renewable awards of up to $80,000 over four years.
· Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person in Canada who is entering UBC's Vancouver campus or UBC's Okanagan campus directly from high school. You and your family must complete an application to demonstrate financial need.
· The application requires a nomination letter from someone who is well-acquainted with you and who can comment on your character, interest in UBC/UBCO, and financial situation. These individuals could include – but are not limited to – coaches, teachers, counsellors, principals, supervisors from work and volunteer positions, family doctors, and community or religious leaders.
· Deadline: December 1, 2023
UBC BEYOND TOMORROW SCHOLARS AWARD
· Apply online https://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-canadian-students/beyond-tomorrow/
· Must self-identify as a Black (African, African-American, African-Canadian, Afro-Caribbean)
· Must be a strong academic student and meet all UBC admissions requirements
· Must demonstrate financial need
· Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person in Canada
· Submit your UBC application by December 1st
· Complete the UBC Entrance Award Application and select "Beyond Tomorrow Scholars Award"
· Deadline December 1, 2023